As a Phlebotomist, you’ll draw blood from patients in hospitals, blood centers, or similar facilities for analysis or other medical purposes. As a Phlebotomist, you may perform some or all of the following tasks:
- Perform basic phlebotomy procedures
- Evaluate patients for ability to withstand venipuncture procedure
- Explain the venipuncture procedure and answer patient questions
- Perform basic point of care testing, such as blood glucose levels on patients
- Prepare blood, urine, and other body fluid specimens for testing according to established standards
Benefits to obtaining a Phlebotomy Certification may include: more job opportunities, an increased pay scale, job security, and increased subject matter expertise
Classes are held Saturdays only from 10am to 2pm.